Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Why is social media important to me?


Why is social media important to me?

                

1) What do I use social media for in order to lead a good life?
I use social media primarily for staying connected. As a 20 year old, it may sound surprising, but I rarely update anything on my personal pages. I do have a personal Facebook, Twitter, as well as MySpace page, but I guess you could say that I use these sites to ‘creep’. I am often made aware of recent news by different social media pages. For instance, I frequently find out my friends have become single through Facebook updates. I also found out my sister was going to Europe for a month this summer through Twitter. Overall, social media adds to my good life simply because of the constant updates. It has stopped my, many times, from putting my foot in my mouth, simply because I am always on top of any recent news.

2) When did I start using social media and why?

I stated using social media, as Facebook tells me, since January 2007. I did not even make my own Facebook account. A girl that I played hockey with, made my page for me back in 2007. In regards to Twitter, I made my accounting because I felt so lost when people talked about ‘tweeting’. I simply wanted to educated myself on this new social media fad. I created my Twitter account in 2010, and since then I have tweeted a total of 11 times.

3) How would I replace social media if it was taken away?

Replacing social media would be extremely difficult. Social media has made creeping way too easy.  If social media was ever taken way the only positive that would come out of it would be that one single social media network would probably be created. This, in turn, would make my creeping even easier, definitely adding to my good life.


No comments:

Post a Comment