Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Re: The Power of Introverts

I absolutely enjoyed the blog post by kG titled "The Power of Introverts". I decided to watch the video by Susan Cain on this topic and I agree with her. I have done a personality test and decided to do it again after watching the video. I completed the Myers and Briggs personality test twice and both times I was labelled as an Introvert.

I agree on how the school system is being structured towards extroverts and participation marks being forced by teachers. It is hard for introverts to speak up. Most will think of introverts as shy people, but that is not the case. Introverts just gain energy and have a higher level of "social stimulation" when working on their own. Rather than being thrown into groups.

Susan Cain, continues to give more insight in her personal life experience. In her experiences, she was continuously doing things that would improve her group working skills and putting herself out of her comfort zone to be part of the "social structure" of the system.

I feel the same and agree with Susan Cain. I am an introvert and have been continuously been working on being more vocal and expressive. I dislike it when people level me as anti-social or shy because I am not any of them. I just get a higher "social stimulation" when working at a quitter place and working with a few people.

I strongly recommend to read the original post by kG and watch the video by Susan Cain. For all the introverts, it will allow you to be a confident introvert. For the extroverts, it will give you more insight towards introvert personality type.

The link to kG's post: http://profcmns2012.blogspot.ca/2012/04/power-of-introverts.html
The link to Susan Cain's video: http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment