Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Email Assistance


I found a very interesting article the other day with tips on writing professional emails. Many of the points below were well covered in our class:

·         -Paying attention to who is your audience
·         -Watching your tone
·         -Being concise with your words
·         -Checking spelling and grammar

However the last point I found very helpful for someone like me who tends to write emails and letters at a hundred miles an hour. Then I always say “ya, I spell checked that”. Here is the kicker, don’t fill in the To: until you have gone back and read through your document again. I thought  that this tip could go a long way for people like me! The link is posted below for anyone who would like to read the article.

http://careerplanning.about.com/od/communication/a/email_tips.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment