Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

What Social Media means to me ?

What do you use social media for that is necessary for you to lead a good life?
I use social media for a variety of reasons, but mostly to stay connected with family from other parts of the world or talk to friends. The social media tools I use the most are Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. I use Facebook because of the large amount of people that use it and it’s easy to stay connected with friends. Also, the other form of social media I use is Twitter to advertise my dad’s business, it helps get our business name into the community with simple tweets. Most certainly I have been using Twitter to flow athletes because it’s closer to playoffs in both NHL and NBA. Social media is necessary to lead a good life because it makes tasks easier and you can keep in touch with family around the world.
When and why did you start?                                            
I started using Facebook in 2006 and just started to use Twitter for my dad’s business. The reason I started using social media is because of the increasing popularity and how easy it is to communicate with family and friends. Every individual I know has Facebook and also it keeps me connected with individuals I have not seen in awhile. I started using Twitter most certainly for my dad’s business because it makes it easier to market and is very effective, you get quick responses and has been a positive marketing factor for our business. Also, social media keeps me posted with events around the community.
How would you replace it if it was taken away?
If social media was taken away I believe it would be a hard transition because of its popularity. But, I would replace it with text messaging, talking on the phone, online chats, and face to face conversation. However, I believe it would be very difficult to not use social media because out its growing popularity it would be a step back in technology. But, if social media was gone other methods of communication would still be effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment