Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What Social Media means to Me

What do you use social media for that is necessary for you to lead a good life?
The only social media source that I post visit on a daily basis is Facebook. I use Facebook to keep updated on what my family and friends are doing and it is an easy way to communicate with them. Facebook is necessary for me to lead a good life because it allows me to communicate, instantly talk, and share pictures will local family and friends but also with my family in Asia and around the world. It is also good when on trips if you get a change to post to Facebook, it will keep you friends and family updated on your travels.
When and why did you start?
I joined Facebook in 2006 and I joined because it was the cool thing to do in highschool. It was what everyone was doing so I figured I would join to keep updated with what my friends were doing. I also used to have a lot of time on my hands and had nothing better to do than to look at other people’s pictures and what they were doing...even if I didn’t know them! Creepy? We all do it!
How would you replace it if it was taken away?
If Facebook were taken away I would replace it by e-mail, phone and instant messaging.
Over e-mail and instant messaging pictures and instant communicating can happen and it is also an easy way to communicate with people who are far.
Phone calls and Skype are also a good way to see and hear peoples voices, using facetime can also be an option on Iphones making it easy to communicate with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment