Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

What Social Media Means to Me


Social Media

What do you use social media for that is necessary for you to lead a good life?

I use Facebook to network and keep in touch with friends locally and internationally.  In addition, I also use Twitter to follow friends as well as for advertising my family business.   Twitter is a good marketing tool which any business can benefit from because of its ease of use and popularity.  I also utilize Twitter to follow professional athletes in the NBA and NHL leagues. For example, I’m a Lakers fan and I use Twitter to follow Kobe Bryant as well as to follow the Vancouver Canucks.  Social media is necessary to lead a good life because it makes the world a smaller place.  In addition, social media is currently one of the most popular ways of communicating.

 When and why did you start? 

I started to use Facebook in 2007 and I just recently started to use Twitter.  The reason why I started to use both forms of social media is because it makes it very easy to communicate and uses a very innovative approach to networking with friends, family, and co workers.  Social media also helps highlight current events and trends worldwide.  In addition, the popularity of both Facebook and Twitter made me curious about the hype, so I decided to give it a try and to discover the benefits of using social media.


How would you replace it if it was taken away?

If social media was taken away, I would replace it by a face to face conversation, text messaging, conversing over the telephone as well as through email.  Although social media is very beneficial and important, I believe that communication would still be strong through the use of the techniques I described.  Also, before the growth of social media individuals were still able to communicate effectively, therefore I believe that if it was taken away the old forms of keeping in touch and communicating would work just fine.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting answers to very good questions. I really like : ) your answer to the last question about what you would do if social media were taken away. Effective communication is effective communication and it's always good netiquette. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog post, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete