Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Do I have your attention yet?


As I was watching the presentations in last night’s class I realized everyone incorporated some type of attention getter into their opening. However we are all guilty of just asking a simple question, something generic like, “who has something to do with my presentation?”. This prompted me to do some research on attention getters, I hope you all enjoy the following as much as I did.

-          -Use a quotation form literature, or even from your daily newspaper.
-          -Tell a personal story
-         - Quote statistical research

The article linked below relates attention getters to award winning movies. How do the directors do it the author questions. You must encourage the audience to think, the important part that we tend to overlook is at the end of the presentation. Create a memorable close with a residual message. Leave them with something to think about by achieving two goals. As we talked about in class, let your audience know you are ending the presentation, but also leave them with something to discuss or ponder long after the presentation.

http://publicspeaker.quickanddirtytips.com/Openings-Closings-Attention-Getter-Residual-Message.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment