Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

SMART Analysis

The SMART analysis is a very interesting concept that I learned in ENTR 3000. I found this concept to be interesting because I see it as something that I can apply to my personal situations. By doing so, I feel I can reduce the risk of making any mistakes at handling situations that I am confronted with.

SMART is an acronym for:

                                    Situation - immediate reason why this message is necessary now

                                    Message - essence of the message is reduced to a single phrase

                                    Audience – primary receiver as well as a key characteristic

                                    Response – immediate action you need from the audience

                                    Tool – strategic choice of delivery device

An example of using this concept to a personal situation of mine is given below:

                                    Situation – being bullied during high-school by fellow classmate

                                    Message – I did not do anything wrong or offensive

                                    Audience – the bully beating me up

                                    Response – want bully to stop beating me up so that I can be happy

                                    Tool – face to face

If anyone else has any examples of their own that they can apply this concept too, feel free to go ahead and analyze your own situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment