Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Social Media ~ My "Public" Opinion


I use social media for fostering and maintaining relationships. I have recently started using social media for networking purposes as well. I would not deem social media necessary by any means, however, it allows us unparallel access to anyone we want to talk to. I have moved away from using social media as just a way to contact friends and share photos. More recently, I use social media to search out groups and contacts throughout my professional development.

I started using social media in 2006, only because all my friends were using social media. It was mainly due to wanting to know what my friends were up to. When I first started using social media I was completely blind to how powerful of a tool that it can be. You can contact people within your own social circle, or reach out to friends of friends. The speed of accessing information is incredible and you can get news directly from sources you trust, not tainted by media conglomerates.

I am scared to say that social media is irreplaceable! I can’t really imagine life without social media. The simplicity of planning a large event in a few short mouse clicks. You can even set up RVSP’s, it’s incredible. I feel that if social media fell off the face of the earth I would have to default back to simply phoning people. 

TW

No comments:

Post a Comment