Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Re: ENTR 3000 Class

Shout out to Sean Bindra for pointing out the key things that he learned from the ENTR 3000 class. I have never enjoyed any communication or writing class until ENTR 3000. Primarily, because I never enjoy writing. Secondly, I always fall asleep in such classes. Finally, I never saw myself as a writer.

As the class went on, I realized the reason why I didn't enjoy writing. It was because I never believed in my writing skills. This class has helped me build my confidence and be able to write with confidence. I would always fall asleep because most writing classes I have attended were boring. Bob, made the class a fun. I came to class to learn, but for most of the times I looked forward to Bob's stories. Finally, I am a writer. I do not write big essays or fictional stories, but I am constantly communicating through writing via TXT messages, Facebook, and emails.

Other than being courteous and maintaining and fostering relationships. The biggest thing I learned in this class is the "Monday and Friday test". That is something I can see myself continuously doing. For the people that missed the class where Bob had mentioned about the "Monday and Friday test", let me rephrase it as clear and concise as possible.

On Mondays, if you don't feel like getting out of your bed to go to school/work, it is time to take a step back and re-think of what we are doing and why we are doing it. We may have started it with a goal, but over some time we have forgotten why we started it.

On Fridays, if you don't feel like going home to your family (considering the one has moved on and is now living happily) or spend some time with your significant other, we haven't been attending to those needs of our life. Time to start spending some more time to maintain and foster the relationship

I encourage everyone to never forget the "Monday and Friday test".

No comments:

Post a Comment