Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Plain Language Guidelines

Hi Everyone,

One of my biggest challenges for this particular class was to keep my writing selective to simple language. As university students, most of us learn several sophisticated words with every class taken. Several students, such as myself,  reiterate these words into our everyday conversations and school writing assignments. This class has taught me that it is more important for documents to be comprehensive and simple, than to be filled with big and sophisticated words.

I found this great website which contains guidelines to plain language. These guidelines are filled with tips which we can find in our text book and also things we have learned throughout this class.

Please visit the link below if you are interested,

http://www.plainlanguage.gov/howto/guidelines/FederalPLGuidelines/TOC.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment