Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kony2012 - continued..


I see someone has already made a blog post about Kony2012; however, I just wanted to add my opinion.

The main communication channels that have been used regarding this topic, Kony 2012, are obviously different types of social media channels. For example, I am sure my fellow ENTR 3000 classmates first heard of Kony2012 through Twitter or Facebook, which encouraged them to look deeper into it.

I first heard of Kony through Facebook, then that evening I saw it on the news, and the next day in the newspaper. The audience that the Kony2012 has reached primarily because of the initial social media buzz is amazing. The Kony 2012 movement is using every communication channel available, and it is certainly working to their advantage.  Recently celebrities, such as Oprah, have tweeted their new involvement with the Kony 2012 movement.

Kony2012, through different types of communication channels, is slowly reaching everyone. I have yet to meet someone who is not aware of thee Kony 2012 movement, which I think is astounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment