Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

10 Steps to Better Business Communication

Have you received an email and wondered if the sender was blindfolded and and typing with only their thumbs? When I open emails with spelling mistakes, overly casual lingo, or no punctuation the first thing I want to do is reply to the email with my corrections in red.

One of the best things that you can do before sending an email is to proof read. I always catch little mistakes when I proof read my emails that make a big difference when corrected.

While you are proof reading may I strongly suggest that you quadruple check who you are sending the email to. It is not a good feeling to press the send button only to realize that your response went to the wrong person. Your boss will not be happy with you sending emails to the wrong contacts.

Nothing says "I don't want to be taken seriously" like an email written in all lowercase with no periods. Please take the time and energy to properly construct your emails.

Look at the following link for the most straight forward list on being a better communicator.

http://www.leehopkins.net/2011/11/14/top-ten-business-communication-mistakesa-guide-for-gen-y/

No comments:

Post a Comment