Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

On turning 30


On turning 30

I often felt age was just a number. But now that I am thirty I am truly starting to see and feel the changes that come with age. The strangest thing is that the changes seemed to coincide with my birthday.
Some things that I have noticed

My body is not doing exactly what I want it to or expect from it. I feel that after exercise my body is taking much longer to recover. Also some fine print and certain fonts are getting harder to read. And of course I can’t eat just anything. I also find it harder to retain the information I have learned

But it is not all negative news. I am feeling much calmer and able to deal with conflict or at least see how to avoid it. I have also developed tastes for healthier foods. And I am much more content with being me. As if I now know that the world is not watching me.

I am interested to know if these things are common among my fellow students that have reached this mile stone. Please comment on your own experiences, I would find this very interesting to know more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment