Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lose/Win

I've stressed my self all week, only to give in to a lose/win situation.

I was recently assigned to work with a partner in one of my classes. The rules were clear; only one mark would be distributed to the partnership.

Soon after speaking with this pupil, I realized that this would be a lose/win situation. My partner was incapable and lacked motivation. I could not risk my grades, so I had to do everything my self. I provided ample opportunities for her to contribute; I received nothing but blank stares. I took one for the team, had a days full of anger, and created a project alone. Unfortunately when speaking up to the professor, he told me there was nothing he could do. Who knows it if was luck or not. I let her win; she never got caught for her lack of work (I am not exaggerating when I say that she did nothing), and it honestly didn't seem to bother her the least. Yes I ended up with a good grade, but I consider my self the loser in this situation. I lost to prevent escalation in conflict, since it was all out of my control. Doing the work alone was the easiest way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment