Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Be Presentable Please!

I've recently noticed something that has been bothering me...

I don't know if it is just me, but there are times in life when people need to be presentable. Especially as business students, we are meeting new people everyday, and yes, a nice t shirt and a clean pair of shoes does play a big part.

I recently witnessed a group of students dressed up to present an hour long presentation. Four of the five were dressed professionally, and one student was wearing sweat pants and a wrinkled t shirt. When the speaker was talking, I couldn't even take them seriously!

Also, at my work, people are coming in with resumes every single day. Walking in with ripped jeans and dirty skate shoes will only have the employer worried. As an applicant, you have three jobs: present a strong resume, be confident, and dress appropriately.

The main event that sparked this observation was a picture that went viral; Justin Bieber meeting the Prime Minister in overalls, one strap undone, and a backwards hat. Really? Extremely disrespectful!

So come on people, looking clean and put-together will only make you look better. A lot better actually.



1 comment: