Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Audience Analysis?

I came into work this week to find the following 2 handwritten notes tacked to the wall. My first thought was "when did the accounting department hire a 5 year old?" My second thought was "who is the intended audience for these notes, was an audience analysis performed?"

If I told you a 50 year old man wrote these to an office of middle aged women who have been working with the company from 4 to 20 years and who all know how to wash dishes, would you believe me?

Are we all in agreement that it would of been a better idea to send an email or verbally communicate your frustration, after you confront your 19 year old son that recently was hired?

Good office communication is important. Let's all stop and think about who we are communicating with before we pull out the pink highlighters and tacks.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully concise analysis + perfect photographic illustration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete