In this blog post I will talk about the power of good research. I chose this topic because one of my favorite TV shows is George Stroumboulopoulos. The research team for this program is excellent. Almost every episode a guest is amazed by a video clip that is showed from their distant past. And of course George is a communications master that never offends his guest and leaves the viewer much more educated about the interviewee.
Good research also allows writers and speakers to present more informative arguments which make listening or reading their point of view much easier.
Some tips I have learned are
- look for multiple sources presenting similar information
- look for sources presenting the other view of the information
- don't blindly, ask if the information makes sense
- share your research with others for insights you might have missed
- document your sources thoroughly and in an organized fashion.