Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Text book pet peeve

Have you ever had a text book that provided study questions but few or worse no answers? I currently have one for Economics (ENTR 3150). The book seems interesting. The subject certainly is useful, but very complicated. I will admit that a better understanding of algebra would help me succeed but so too would a step by step break down on how to solve the problems. What about an online companion to the text? Such a tool could appeal to all the types of learning. These tools are very helpful to time strapped students working full time.
Perhaps you are thinking that I bought the book used and now I am regretting it. But no I had to fork out over $200 to get a new text because the market for used text books could not support the demand for used text books. In comparison, my introductory, Microeconomics text book was of a similar price and it did come with an online study tool.
So all this said I am thinking that the midterm I just wrote will provide a less than stellar mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment